Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial - Copic Blender

Happy Tuesday!
I wanted to share a little something I figured out tinkering with my copics the other day.
I love tinkering with products to see what out of the ordinary things I can do with them.
I'm sure someone has long since come up with this, but it's new to me, so I thought I'd share it with you!

It involves an Embossing folder, a Copic Color of your choice, a Copic colorless blender and some paper.
Color the amount of paper you're going to need with your Copic color
Get out your Embossing folder 
 Run your colored paper and embossing folder through your Embossing machine
Here is what your paper should look like after you've embossed it.
Take your colorless blender and carefully color over the bumpy part of your embossing - in this case it's the words that will be embossed. 
You may have to go over it a few times depending on how much you want your raised embossing to pop.  Here I went over it 3 times.  Of course you could do it more.  Totally up to you and what you're trying to accomplish. 
It's kind of hard to photograph, but you can see the raised embossing is a bit lighter than the actual background.
Here's a little snippet of how it turned out on my card. 
Thanks so much for coming by today to check out this little tutorial!
I hope you enjoyed it and give it a try.

Stop back on Thursday to see the completed project!
Hugs & Happy Days!

8 comments:

  1. Great and simple Tuturoial Min, simple but smart, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never thought of this! I wonder if you can put the blender straight on the embossing folder for the reverse effect...

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh...I love the look of that Min. I am going to have to give that a try. So many cool things to do with copics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So simple, but such a fab effect....thanks for sharing!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, l have seen this before and its really effective thank you for sharing it:)x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful technique Min! Boy would we miss our colourless blender lol! Take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wha a great idea, Min!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing - anxious to get to my craft room and try this!!! Hugs, Sharon :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. THank you for the idea, Min. I'm certainly going to try this.

    ReplyDelete